- The new technology that reduces the cost and improves the quality of building construction.
- The BIM software application for structural detailing of earthquake resistant buildings.
Based on BIM data, creates automatically:
- Drawings and details in 2D and 3D
- All materials quantity take-off
- Exports data for any software
- Human intelligent drawings editing
- Confirms materials orders via 4D simulation
The term BIM (Building Information Modeling ) denotes the modern software technology regarding buildings.
The underlying logic of this technology, that emerged the last decade, is extremely simple. According to this logic the building can be described by its physical components. These objects, rather than drawings, are stored in a database
By retrieving the physical components of the building from database, the BIM software, is capable to :
- Create the three dimensional model and all drawings ( floor plans, aspects, sections, perspective views )
- Calculate the precise quantities of materials and labor needed for the building erection, thus defining its anticipated cost.
- Create any computational model ( bioclimatic, static-dynamic etc )
The database structure, namely the concepts that underlie the building construction, is defined in the global IFC format ( International Foundation Classes). IFC format is developed under the co-operation of software and building industry companies.
BIM COMPARED TO EXISTING CAD TECHNOLOGY
- Decreases the design time between 70% and 95%
- Increases dramatically the accuracy/reliability of quantity take-off’s.
- Ensures the instantaneous communication/connection between the building designers, contractors and industries involved in the construction phase